Let me ask you something: Do you have a particular quote that makes you feel instantly motivated as soon as read it? This is the one for me. Why? Well, the world has taught us since we are young that we need to be perfect in every aspect of our lives – work, love, friends, family. Maybe not in a direct way but social media and everything around use send that message all the time.
Striving for progress is always a good thing. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to improve each day. That doesn’t mean that you don’t love who you are right now. You are unique and that’s something worth celebrating. You are a masterpiece and a work in progress at the same time.
Life is about learning, about making mistakes and growing because of them. It’s a never-ending process. You should always feel proud of who you are, every single day. This doesn’t mean you need to stop working to be the best person you can, but appreciate what you’ve done so far and recognizing the fact that you are trying, doing the best you can.
How to make sure you don’t get stuck in that pursuit of “perfect”? By taking small steps as the following:
- Practice healthy comparison: there’s nothing wrong with checking out what others are doing, just make sure you remember your own path and respect who you are.
- Set realistic goals: don’t get stuck in the “new year’s resolutions” kind of goals, but those that you will be able to reach. Set them often, even daily.
- Track your progress: the best way to not forget how far you’ve come is tracking your progress so you can look back and see what you have accomplished.
- Count every step: each step counts, even if it seems small to you, celebrate it.
- Give yourself compliments daily: stop focusing on your “flaws”, instead focus on your strengths.
How about you, what quote makes you feel motivated?